That’s a fair amount of stuff. My desk is actually a mess right now…
So what am I up to? Well with the 10 x 10 challenge under way I’m not buying any games. I did get myself an Imperial Star Destroyer for Armada (in December, I’m not cheating!). I still need to assemble it. The ships that I wanted to add to my fleet were not available anywhere in SA at the time 🙁 but I should now have enough to keep playing at the increased 400 point game sizes.
I’ve also got stuff that I’m going to use for my games. First up there’s Purity Seal. That’s the cans of spray on varnish. I’ve made some progress with my little drake and I plan on painting a hell of a lot of gaming figures. These will get manhandled so varnish will go a long way in keeping them in good shape.
I’ve also got some foam board, or foam core (inside the brown paper against the wall). If I’m painting my models then I’ll want them to rub against each other as little as possible. So I’m going to make some custom inserts for my games. Something that will help hold the models and store my games easier. If I get them right, I’ll hopefully get some ‘how to’ posts going on the blog.
The Dominion boxes are actually empty, I’ve shoved the cards into the box for the base game. Which is why I have the insert on top of those boxes. I’m just lazy the throw them away. I will start my insert making by making one for Dominion, I know I can fit the cards for the base game and both expansions into the same box, with room to spare for a few more.
So far 2016 is shaping up pretty busy. I want to start everything but I’ve still got my old problem of not finishing anything.
I’m reading the rules for Mage Knight again, I’ve played the tutorial, once this year, after years of not touching the box. It’s a pity because it’s a fantastic game.
I think I’m going to try to play a game with the full rules or finish the drake by this time next week. I would do both but I’ve started reading again, The Name of the Wind by Partick Rothfuss, so I am keen to finish that too.
First I’m going to do some cleaning…